TLC was established in 1997, as a “Not for profit” organisation to help local communities especially those from disadvantaged backgrounds with training, education and a diverse range of support services, including:
UNEMPLOYED SUPPORT SERVICE
- Information, Advice and Guidance: Quality Matrix awarded service provided by qualified staff advising on jobs, training and personal development.
- Benefits Advice: Including universal credit queries.
- Money Management: Reducing energy and other bills, budgeting, online money management and loan shark awareness.
- Progression into Jobs: CV building, job-searching, applications, interview skills and friendly mentoring service.
- Vocational Skills Training: First Aid, SIA Training, (Security Industry Association) food safety, health & safety, customer services and volunteering opportunities,
- Volunteer Training: Volunteering to support English Language Teaching and Learning Level 1, Essential Digital Skills for Work and Life Entry 3, Managing Personal Finance Entry 3, Personal Health & Wellbeing Level 1 and other training opportunities.
- Social Enterprises: Business mentoring advice.
ADULT BASIC SKILLS
- ESOL: Reading & writing and speaking & listening courses (pre-Entry and entry levels).
- English Chatter Groups: Informal English language practice through friendly conversation and help group.
- Functional Skills: English and maths (basic – level 1).
- Computer Skills: Basic beginner classes (including: online basics, internet skills and online banking).
- Volunteering: Exciting and rewarding assistant roles in various areas: teaching, reception, admin, youth supervision, catering, cleaning and childcare.
- Refugee Support: Learning workshops to enhance community integration.
- Confidence Building: Informal learning activities for women, ethnic minorities, families in poverty and those with mild disability/learning difficulty.
- Community Cohesion: Activities to encourage cultural awareness, community integration, inter-generational understanding and celebration of diversity.
- Informal Learning and Well-Being Activities: Wide range of sessions including: healthy lifestyle, nutrition, cooking, fitness, mental well-being, counselling, positive parenting, art & craft and local knowledge.
- General Housing Advice: Finding a place, managing rent, bills, benefits and home repair systems.
- Cricket Nets: Outdoors 3 lane cricket nets available to book for free use.
- Adult Community Services: Advice, learning workshops, befriending and social activities for over 65’s.
- European Projects: Youth exchange projects and adult education training programmes.
- Early Years Learning: OFSTED registered 82 place neighbourhood nursery and playgroup facilities.
- Youth Education: Holiday Activities and Food Programme, evening, weekend and holiday activities throughout the year. Children & young people are supported in academic attainment and life skills.
- Scout Group: Children aged 6 -14 can engage in fun activities that focus on personal development, self-confidence and exploring the world around them.
- Tuition: Support for 11+ and GCSE levels.
- Bilingual and Multilingual Staff: Many staff and volunteers are able to speak in a variety of languages including: Arabic, French, Hindi, Kurdish, Punjabi, Mandarin, Marathi, Mirpuri and Urdu.
- Translation and Interpreting: This service is available in at least 30 different languages. Company stamped or affidavit translations available. Customised language and cultural support available from trained & experienced interpreting staff.
- Arabic School: Speaking, Reading & Writing for 4 to 18 year old's, includes term assessments and end of year exams from experienced Arabic speaking teachers. Arabic for adults now also available.
- IELTS Support: and other similar English language support available for international students.
OTHER TLC SERVICES
- Catering: Freshly cooked nutritious meals for nurseries, training events or social functions. 5 Hygiene Score: Very Good. We can provide for varied dietary requirements at affordable community prices.
- Room Hire: Spacious Training/Meeting Rooms; Modern Computer Rooms; Private Interview Rooms; Interactive Smart Boards and Projectors. hire charges begin from £10 per hour.
We have many links to various organisations including: Wolverhampton City Council, Jobcentre Plus, Adult Education Wolverhampton, City of Wolverhampton College, Wolverhampton Voluntary Community Action, Wolverhampton University, WEA (Workers' Educational Association), Ethnic Minority Council, Black Country Futures Partnership, Access 2 Business, Aspiring Futures, All Saints Action Network, Black Country Housing Group, Impact Training, Ideal For All, Just Straight Talk, Manor Farm Community Association, Refugee Migrant Centre, Steps To Work, Sweda, Walsall Housing Group, Well Training and Zebra Access.
We have gained an excellent reputation in delivering professional, friendly, valuable and specialised support and training to local communities and we look forward to being of service to you.
For further information please visit our website or get in touch with us.