The City of Wolverhampton Council's Library Services are seeking volunteers for the following role:
Role Title: Promotion Volunteer
Purpose of the Role
- To produce displays in library branches.
- To assist in library service promotion.
What You Will Be Doing
- Assist with producing wall and book displays on a particular theme.
- Assist with general marketing activities such as mail drops or evaluations.
- Assist with setting up and clearing up promotional events - may involve moving furniture.
- Greeting and directing customers where applicable.
Skills, Experience and Qualities Needed
You will need to be:-
- Self-motivated and organised.
- Committed and reliable.
- Enthusiastic about libraries and learning.
- Be able to follow instructions well.
- Creative and artistic.
- Friendly and professional.
When & Where
- Dependent on places available but will be within Wolverhampton.
- Relevant training.
What You Could Get Out Of It
- Experience of promotional work in the public sector.
- Transferable and C.V enhancing skills.
- Certificate of volunteering (on completion of agreed hours).
- The pleasure of helping others.
Other Relevant Information
- A volunteer agreement negotiated and signed.
- All placements will adhere to the Libraries volunteering and I.T. security policies.
What To Do If You're Interested
Contact the volunteer co-ordinator at Wolverhampton Central Library on 01902 551987 or complete an application form which can be found in any Wolverhampton Library branch or contact:-