Wolverhampton Voluntary & Community Action (formerly Wolverhampton Voluntary Sector Council WVSC) supports local charities, community groups, Community Interest Companies and other voluntary organisations including social enterprises to improve their organisational capacity and performance to deliver high quality services and to support local voluntary and community action.
Wolverhampton Voluntary & Community Action
- believes that the city's diverse and creative voluntary and community sector offers solutions to the challenges Wolverhampton communities face
- strives to improve the capacity of the sector to meet these challenges and play an effective part in user-focused solutions
- co-ordinates strategic representation and facilitates the city's Third Sector Parrtnership and other voluntary and community sector Forums e.g. Safeguarding In Faith network
- provides regular communications to around 1000 voluntary, community and faith organisations in the city - contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- encourages and facilitates networking and collaborative working within the local and regional voluntary and community sector
- provide support and training to the sector to develop stronger, more sustainable organisations
- offers bespoke support to organisations undergoing change using our 30+ years of experience, and a range of toolkits and tried and tested methods
- supports any not-for-private-profit organisation based or working in Wolverhampton
- is also the home of Wolverhampton Volunteers, Wolverhampton's Drug Service User Invovlement Team (SUIT), Wolverhampton Social Prescribing Project and Black Country Talent Match
Wolverhampton Voluntary & Community Action works primarily with new and existing voluntary organisations and community groups in Wolverhampton and the surrounding areas. Priority is given to those organistaions and goups that work with the socially disadvantaged and isolated, and takes appropriate steps to ensure that its services and activities are targeted at and accessible to such groups.
For further information please contact our reception desk or visit our website and sign up to receive our fortnightly e-newsletter and other email updates.