The City of Wolverhampton Council's Library Services are seeking volunteers for the following role:
Role Title: Reading Group Volunteer
Purpose of The Role
- To run or assist with monthly reading groups in libraries/community hubs/council buildings.
What You Will Be Doing
- Work with current group/help to set up a group.
- Facilitate the group.
- Hold monthly meetings
- Keep a register of attendance and submit statistics monthly to the volunteer coordinator
Skills, Experience and Qualities Needed
You will need to be
- Enthusiastic about books and reading.
- Committed and reliable.
- Friendly and inclusive with good communication skills.
- Organised and self-motivated.
When & Where
- Dependant on places available but will be within Wolverhampton.
- Relevant training
What You Could Get Out of It
- The pleasure of helping develop reading tastes and experiences.
- Develop your communication and organisational skills.
- Group work experience.
- Certificate of volunteering (on completion of agreed hours)
Other Relevant Information
- A volunteer agreement negotiated and signed.
- All placements will adhere to the Libraries volunteering and I.T. security policies
What to Do If You’re Interested
- Contact the volunteer co-ordinator at Wolverhampton Central Library on 01902 551987 or complete an application form which can be found in any Wolverhampton Library branch.
Further information can be found in the downloads section of this page or contact:-