The Support After Suicide is the UK’s national hub for organisations and individuals working across the UK to support people who have been bereaved or affected by suicide.
Why we are here
- We passionately believe that everyone bereaved or affected by suicide should be offered and receive timely and appropriate support
- We believe that by working together we can make this vision a reality
- Many of us have been bereaved or affected by suicide. You are not alone. If and when you can, please accept the help and support that is available.
How we work
- Seek to ensure all those bereaved or affected by suicide are offered and receive timely and appropriate support.
- Increase access to information about services and resources that are available.
- Improve the range and quality of bereavement support after a death by suicide.
- Reduce the incidence of suicide or attempted suicide in those who have been bereaved by suicide.
We aim to:
- Advocate for all those bereaved or affected by suicide by influencing policy, increasing public understanding and striving to include bereavement by suicide in all bereavement pathways.
- Signpost families, professionals and the public to appropriate sources of high quality bereavement support from our members and other agencies through our website. Offer access to both print and digital copies of Help is at Hand and work with partners to increase awareness of, and improve access to, bereavement care pathways.
- Support each other and other professionals to find and share the knowledge and resources they need to deliver high quality, accessible care to those bereaved by suicide by sharing knowledge of members services; arranging national and regional meetings and providing e-news.
- Research the impact of bereavement through suicide by working with researchers to develop an understanding of the incidence and the effects of bereavement by suicide; evaluating the outcomes of programmes of support for those bereaved through suicide; and developing care service standards.
- Generate new ideas and approaches to improving care for those bereaved by suicide.
You can download a full copy and/or pocket size version of our Help is at Hand booklet and guide. You can also order hard copies from us.
For further information please contact us - we are here to help.