Safeguarding is all about promoting the well-being of vulnerable people and keeping them safe from abuse and neglect.
Safeguarding adults (specifically those with care and support needs) is the responsibility of Wolverhampton Safeguarding Adults Board (WSAB).
Safeguarding children (all children and young people under the age of 18 years) is the responsibility of Wolverhampton Safeguarding Children Board (WSCB).
Each Board Area is responsible for:
- overseeing the quality of the safeguarding arrangements of all the organisations in the city that work with either adults or children or both
- making sure that all partners work effectively together
The Wolverhampton Safeguarding Team offer a range of additional safeguarding training events including:
- Raising awareness of female genital mutilation
- Managing allegations
- Safeguarding children – a shared responsibility
- Neglect awareness
- Understanding Wolverhampton Thresholds and Early Help Assessment
- Domestic abuse and the impact on adults and families
- Core working together – Safeguarding children and young people
For further information about or service, partnership work and latest news please visit the safeguarding website or contact us.