Our Joining Forces Supporting Veterans' programme ended at the end of April after three years, during which we assisted over 900 veterans' their families and carers.
We have a new Emergency Veterans' project called Wolverhampton Veterans Winning Through which has been running since the beginning of June.
How we can help:
- We can support you with errands such as shopping, prescription collection or essential items.
- Handyperson jobs, e.g. gardening and general household maintenance at a discounted rate.
Contact: Paul O'Malley/Handyperson
Phone: 07764 926253
- Facebook group for veterans to chat, share memories.
- Regular online quizzes, video calls, group chats.
- Telephone support service for veterans.
Contact: Nikki Bayne/Social Groups Development Officer
Phone: 07523 518414
Information and Advice
- Welfare Benefits & Housing Matters
- Health and Social Care
- Rights and Options
Contact: Pat Cox/Information and Advice Officer
Phone: 07523 518413
Support is available to veterans aged 65+ who served at any time in the regular or reserve forces including National Service.
If we are unable to help then we can put you in touch with someone who can.
This is a completely free service
Funded by the Armed Forces Covenant Trust Fund - our veterans' project is part of the "Veterans Should Not Be Forgotten" Initiative.