Connexions is a free and impartial careers information, advice and guidance service for young people who live in Wolverhampton. We offer advice on
- Choosing and exploring careers that will suit your skills and interests.
- Finding out key facts about different careers. What do I need to learn? How much does is pay? What does the job involve? How many jobs are there in this field?
- Your options; from 6th form to college and from training providers to apprenticeships. We will advise you on what you can do and how you can access it.
- Support with applying for courses, jobs and apprenticeships. From how to write an amazing application form, to how to present yourself as the best candidate at a job interview.
- Need help? Connexions can offer support and make referrals to other organisations if you experiencing barriers to achieving. From financial support, to raising your confidence and self-esteem and support with your mental health and wellbeing.
- Anything else? We offer information on how to access social activities in your community, work experience opportunities, voluntary work, part-time work while you study and gap years.
We are a person-centred service, meaning we tailor our support to your needs. We want every young person to have access to equal opportunities and achieve their very best in life.
You can access the service if you are a resident of Wolverhampton and are aged between 13 – 19 (up to the age of 25 if you have you have special education needs and/or a disability). If you have left school and are not in learning, working or training you will have your own personal adviser to support you with your next steps. If you have an Educational Health Care Plan [EHCP] you will meet with your adviser at key points to help plan your next steps.
NOTE: - Due to Covid-19 restrictions our service is now offering support via telephone, e-mail and Facebook. You can find out more about how to access our service, the latest career opportunities and useful resources via Connexions Wolverhampton Facebook page.
For any additional information please contact us: