Royal Voluntary Service wants to help create a society where everyone feels valued and involved whatever their age.
We are one of the largest volunteer organisations in the country. Our 35,000 volunteers help older people stay active, independent and able to continue to contribute to society. They do this by providing practical and emotional help where and when it’s needed.
There are many ways you can help older people in your local area that we can’t always list them on our website. If you’d like to volunteer but are not sure what you would like to do, how much time you have to help or if you have a great idea for something that you’d like to do to help out then please do get in touch. Register to volunteer via our website and we’ll get back to you to discuss how you can help make a huge difference.
Royal Voluntary Service helps in all sorts of ways:
- We help older people get out of the house for a bite to eat, social occasions or just to see friends
- We enjoy popping round for a chat as often as is liked
- We will help with jobs such as doing the shopping and collecting library books
- We can also do the simple but important things, such as changing a light bulb or fixing a lock
- We are here to make sure older people are calm and well informed before they have appointments or a stay in hospital, and we’ll check they are ok when they get home
- We also work on a national level to raise awareness of the issues older people face. We do this through our media campaigns and research, and by lobbying the government for age-related policy improvements.
For further information please contact us or visit our website for details.