Galop (Formerly Broken Rainbow UK) gives advice and support to people who have experienced biphobia, homophobia, transphobia, sexual violence or domestic abuse. We also support lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and queer people who have had problems with the police or have questions about the criminal justice system.
In addition to working with individual people, we work to improve the criminal justice system for us all, and to find ways to support victims of crime who do not want to go to the police.
We are a completely independent community-led group and we are not connected to the police. If you need advice, or just want to get something off your chest, you can talk to us. Galop is a space to talk and get options, even when you feel there aren't any. We'll never pressure you into taking any action you aren't comfortable with and we won't share information about you unless you want us to.
The helpline is run by trained LGBT people and provides a space where you can talk through what is going on, and explore your options. We can:
- We provide advice about staying safe if you are experiencing domestic violence or abuse from an intimate partner or family member.
- help you create your safety plan
- explore options around housing, legal advice, counselling and local support groups
- tell you about your local LGBT friendly services
- discuss the possibility of reporting to the Police
For further information about how we can assist, please get in touch with us , visit our website or our Facebook Page