The Community Intermediate Care Team (CICT) is a community based multidisciplinary team of nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, rehabilitation assistants and speech and language therapists.
The service aim is to provide short term rehabilitation support in the person’s own home following illness or injury; where this enables avoidance of hospital / care admission or facilitates return home from hospital.
Our Service Provides:
- Home assessment
- Provide appropriate advice and assistive equipment
- Develop rehabilitation programme which may include Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy or specific nursing interventions.
- Transfer and mobility practice- Stairs/ step practice
- Monitoring of dossett/ pill dispenser
- Kitchen practice
- Home exercise programme
- The rehabilitation goals and plan are regularly reviewed and updated.
For further information please get in touch with a member of the care team.