The Women & Families Resource Centre (WFRC) is a registered charity based in Wolverhampton which supports, provides services, develops programs, empowers and advocates for women and children.
Our services are free to any woman or child, regardless of race, culture or religion who is facing challenges or crises.
We help women discover their inner strength and confidence through information, assistance and support. Our desire is that every woman & her family be empowered to enjoy stability and fulfilment in every area of their life.
We inspire, encourage and motivate women to overcome barriers and reach their full and true potential. Furthermore, in all we do we seek to prevent exclusion by bringing families and communities together to build bridges, understanding and respect between them.
WHAT WE DO
- We assist women in finding and accessing available community services. We provide orientation services to newcomers in the UK.
- We provide free and impartial Confidential Advice services for women and families.
- We offer short term individual, relationship or couple counselling sessions. Providing emotional support and counselling to families that are dealing with crisis especially domestic violence and harmful traditional practices.
- THE SISTERS WITH HEART BEFRIENDING PROJECT- Offers home visits by providing practical one to one support to help women address their concerns, issues pertaining to isolation and loneliness, domestic violence, immigration, bereavement, serious illness, break down in family relationships, depression, alcohol abuse, parenting support and any other crisis or challenging situation.
- We offer short term Parenting Group Sessions with opportunities to lay the foundations for positive parenting, supporting parents to improve parent-child relationships and to build up children’s self- esteem and resilience. We also offer individualised parenting support for parents going through child protection or safeguarding issues.
- EVERY WOMAN’S CHAT GROUP – A weekly drop in group (Every Friday) for women from diverse backgrounds and cultures giving them the opportunity to meet new people, make friends and practice conversational English.
- COOKERY SESSIONS- These sessions enable the women to practice their cookery skills, promote the impact that healthy eating can have on improving the quality of people’s lives and help enhance their confidence skills.
- Wolverhampton Baby Bank- We collect donations of both new and pre-loved baby clothing, toys, equipment and other essentials to be redistributed to families in need.
- EVENTS -Social, cultural and recreational activities to overcome social isolation, provide informal emotional support and raise awareness on women issues.
For further information please get in contact with us or visit our website.
Or follow us via our Women & Families Resource Centre Facebook page.