Located at Compton Hall, Wolverhampton, the Living Well Centre is a fresh contemporary space offering a wide range of support which aims to give you the practical and emotional tools you need to continue to live actively and independently with your condition.
You will be assessed by a registered nurse practitioner and a bespoke care package will be created to meet your own personal goals and needs.
That package will include a mixture of:
- Regular reviews with specialist palliative care clinicians: Meet with Clinical Nurse Specialists, Medics and Advanced Clinical Practitioners to address any issues around pain and symptom management
- Access to various interventions including from allied healthcare professionals including:
- Physiotherapy: Helping you to adapt physically to life with an incurable condition and maintain your independence
- Social Work Support: Support with practical issues including financial and legal issues, advance care planning and emotional support
- Supportive Care: Including access to trained counsellors, spiritual care practitioners and the opportunity to engage in various therapeutic activities including art therapy and complementary therapies.
The opportunity to to engage in a timetable of short activities, virtual workshops and support groups on various topics including:
- Nutrition and well-being
- Look good feel great
- Fatigue and breathlessness management
- Managing anxiety
- Strategies for continuing to work
- Exercise for health
- Advance care planning and many more
Your progress will be regularly monitored and 12-week review will take place to determine whether further support is required.
To access our Living Well Centre you will need to be referred by a healthcare professional, such as a district or community nurse or your GP. Referrals can be made via our online referral form.
For more information about Living Well services, please get in touch via our online form, or by calling us on 0300 323 0250.