The Royal Wolverhampton Hospital Trust operates a Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) providing information, advice and support to patients and their carers. PALS provides confidential advice, support and information on the NHS complaints procedures, as well as other services.
PALS act on behalf of their service users when handling patient and family concerns. They liaise with staff, managers and, where appropriate, other relevant organisations, to negotiate speedy solutions and to help bring about changes to the way that services are delivered.
- confidential advice and support to patients, families and their carers
- information on the NHS and health related matters
- confidential assistance in resolving problems and concerns quickly
- information on and explanations of NHS complaints procedures and how to get in touch with someone who can help. More
- information can be found from the Complaints policy section of the DH website.
- information on how you can get more involved in your own healthcare and the NHS locally.
- a focal point for feedback from patients to inform service developments
PALS will also refer patients and families to local or national-based support agencies and explane complaints procedures.