Grief Encounter is the leading UK charity created to help bereaved children.
Founded by Dr Shelley Gilbert MBE, our mission is to give every child and young person access to the best possible support following the death of someone close.
We work closely with individuals, families, schools and professionals to offer a way through the anxiety, fear and isolation so often caused by grief. Our services include:
- One-to-one counselling
- Group workshops
- Music, art and drama therapy
- Residentials and Family Fun Days
- A National, free and confidential helpline called grieftalk offering web chat service too
- Bespoke support for schools, universities and colleges
- A dedicated Trauma Team for support following a sudden or traumatic bereavement.
- Accredited training courses and webinars for professionals
- Award-winning resources including our unique Grief Relief Kit, Grief Encounter Workbook and Journal
- We are an open-access charity, funded by the generosity of our supporters, and here to help alleviate the pain and confusion caused by the death of a parent or sibling. Bereavement is devastating at any age, but for a child it is life-changing. Get in touch with us if you need support.
Please call our FREE grieftalk helpline open Mon-Fri 9am-9pm
or Chat to us using our live chat - firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please get in touch, visit our website or the Grief Encounter Facebook page.